Saturday, April 21, 2012

My Alma Mater: Continuing the Feat


The results of the April 2012 Midwifery Board Exam had been released by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC). According to the results, a total of 1,078 out of 2382 hopeful examinees successfully passed the board given by the Board of Midwifery (BOM) in various testing centers across the country last April 15-16, 2012.

I am proud to post this outcome because a student from my alma mater, Bicol University Tabaco Campus topped the board exam. Mr. Rho Vince Caño Malagueño got the highest passing percentage of 89.65% and four others were included in the top 10. They were, namely, Iana France Salvador Villania, Mary Lovely Cavite Cate, Ellah Mae Cultivo Bos, and Maria Angela Bermundo Bedis with passing percentage of 88.85%, 88.10%, 88.05% and 88.00% respectively.

Because of this current achievement, Bicol University Tabaco Campus again dominated and topped the list of schools in the April 2012 Midwifery Exam with 67 passed out of 68 takers (98.33%). Click the link to view the complete list of passers, top ten and top performing schools.


Bicol University - Tabaco topped the top performing school for Apr 2012 Midwifery Exam
Data taken from http://prcboardresultph.blogspot.com


Since the addition of the midwifery in the nursing course in Bicol University Tabaco Campus Nursing Department as part of their ladderized curriculum several years ago, the department is making excellent performance in the board exams. Based on my own experience, our batch in midwifery (2005) also brought the bacon when my classmate and I received the 3rd and 10th place respectively and 3 of my other classmates made it at top 20. As a result, BUTC topped the top performing schools with 80-99 examinees category.

That triumph, on my part, was one of the happiest and saddest parts of my life. It was happiest because the fruit of my labor came to a sweet end by being in top ten in the board exam. Yet, it was the saddest because I was mourning that time of my father’s demise when I learned the news (my father died due to heart attack during the 1st day of my midwifery exam). Since he was the one who deeply influenced me to shift a career in nursing but unfortunately, his untimely death never gave him a chance to celebrate his son’s feat. It was disappointing but as what others say, that’s life all about. I have to be grateful on what life offers and accept the fact though it’s hurtful.

On the other hand, in behalf of other BUTC alumni, I would like to express my deep gratitude to our professors especially to our former adviser and ex-chairman of the nursing department, Dr. Virgilio S. Yorobe, for crafting us good students and productive professionals of this generation. For without your genuine effort, we would never be as what we are now today - An angel of the sick room.

No comments:

Post a Comment