Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter Everyone!

Image taken from Wikipedia

Let’s rejoice for Jesus Christ has risen! He has risen indeed! All Christians believed that Jesus was crucified then died and after three days he resurrected, ascended to heaven and seated at the right hand of God the Father. As a Christian these incidents are very crucial to my own belief and faith to God. This is the fundamental concept why I choose to become and will always be a Christian by heart.

But did you know the Muslims have contradicting belief with regard to the Jesus resurrection? Staying and working in a country wherein Islam is a dominant religion, I acquired a little bit knowledge and views of Muslims with regard to Jesus resurrection. Sometimes I couldn’t escape to tackle with my Safety Officer (an Egyptian and Muslim) some religious topics like this. According to him (based from the Quran), Jesus is not a God but only a messenger of God just like their prophet Mohammad. They have a doubt if Jesus was really crucified or not but they were really sure that Jesus never died. But they believed God (Allah) lifted him to heaven to his presence.

It’s really hard to balance which one is really the truth. But for me, one thing is for sure, FAITH really matters. Exposure to the country wherein religions are multiple, only my faith to God would keep me from going on – appreciating my life and living the most of it with others will make the difference. Have a happy Easter Sunday to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment