Saturday, February 25, 2012

Freakin' Friday Night


photo taken from http://spookymrsboo.tumblr.com
Last  Friday night, after watching a movie of Jackie Chan’s “The Spy’s Next Door,” I spent a couple of hours playing the Tetris in Facebook, read some current news events and watched some popular music videos of Whitney Houston in Youtube. It was past ten o’clock PM when I turned off my loppy and decided to sleep. Normally, I turned off all the lights whenever I am going to sleep so that my roommate and I could fall asleep easily. But only few minutes later or so after I closed my eyes, I heard something which is like a “Filipino” conversation in a TV program in the other room. Then, I tend to listen tentatively with the conversation going on but I couldn’t comprehend. At that time, the voice became louder and louder and I began to feel uneasy by that so I opened my eyes right away. I tried to turn my head to see where the voice was really coming from but I couldn't move my head and my body except my eyes. All I could do was to look around with my eyes - as far as up, down, left and right. It was like I am a total paralyzed you know? Then I tried to be aware of my surroundings; I know I was wide awake at that time. However what made me freaked out was that there were changes inside the room – my single bed seemed like a very large sofa and I noticed there was a small square opening in our room’s wall where the sound was coming from (which is none, actually). I tried to move my body again and again but I couldn’t.  I shut my eyes and tried to relax and moved my toes (I usually did this during my previous episodes). However, when I opened my eyes again, a white hazy shadow forming a human appeared right in front of my vision – staring at me! I closed my eyes and struggled and tried to scream out loud to ask help to my roommate but nothing came out. All I could hear from myself was only murmur. My heart beat was racing and tried to move my toes and fingers as quickly as I could. I was not sure how long I laid there trying to break this horrifying experience but eventually I could move my whole body. As soon as I opened my eyes, I hurriedly reached my cp which was placed at the right side near my head and turned the lights on of the cp to look for the white hazy shadow; but I couldn’t see any – it was gone!

Now I was very much awake and aware of my surroundings’ and I know just experienced another spooky nightmare this time or what they termed as sleep paralysis. Few years ago, I have been experiencing this weird nightmares or dreams any time at night back in the Philippines. This thing started to happen more or less 10 years ago when I was still studying my nursing degree. But for quite some time now, I never had episodes of this until this year and last Friday, February 24 was the most recent one.

I hate this kind of experience. How I wish, it wouldn’t happen to anyone. What a freaking Friday Night i had!

No comments:

Post a Comment